Thursday 13 January 2011

13th January - Physio

Saw Kate about knee.
Good news is that it is not serious. There is an imbalance between my outer and inner quad on my right leg which when i do any long distance of X country come to the fruition as pain on my inner knee as it is working to hard.

Symptom of this is my foot pointing inwards on bike and when i bend down on knee

Need to tighten up my cleats so it stops lateral movement in my leg.
Have been given exercises to strengthen inner quad on RL
No cross country and have to withdraw from Tough Guy
Can do gym work for next few days until soreness subsided and can then go back into training as normal but still tales 3-6 weeks for muscles to strengthen properly.
Potentially train again properly on Monday, if not may have to rethink about number of base periods, not a problem though as plenty of time

No comments:

Post a Comment